Home

Friday, August 03, 2007

New Purchases

I added a new addition to my Knitting Library. It is the Baby Surprise Jacket DVD from Elizabeth Zimmermann. I have a lot of baby gifts to make, so I decided to give this sweater a try. A friend at church just had a baby and my nephew's wife is expecting. Oh, I just realized, I am going to be a great-aunt! And my youngest child is six. That makes me feel old.





It is a good thing I didn't join the knit only from my stash group. I found a great deal on e-bay for 9 skeins of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille yarn. Crystal Palace has a new pattern for washcloths on their web-site. They will make nice gifts. Or maybe I'll knit more cuddle toys.




I have started to wind the skeins with my trusty nostepine. I could use a swift. The kids get tired of holding out their hands for me. I can use the backs of chairs, but it is easier if someone holds the skeins.

No comments: