Home

Friday, July 03, 2009

Oops, wrong size!!

Well, I finished the second Sitcom Chic for my SIL (Christmas present last year), but oops, it's the wrong size. But, no ripping another sweater for me. My mom tried it on and loved it. So, I gifted it to her and will knit SIL another sweater. It really turned out nice. Instead of using reverse stockinette on the bands, I used 4 rows of garter stitch. Maybe that will help it stay flat without using the ribbon underneath to hold the shape.

Mom didn't want a button loop or button. No problem, as I hadn't made it yet.



On this sweater, I didn't graft the underarm seams like my turquoise one. It was seamed as the instructions stated. This should help keep the shape under the arms.


I lengthened the body and sleeves and did a 2x2 edge on the sleeves and hem. It fits Mom just right.

I can tell that my knitting skills have really improved since finishing the first Sitcom.


No comments: