Home

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chasing Shiny Objects

I have a confession to make. Whenever I browse patterns, I find things that I just have to start. For instance, this is the Hemlock Ring Doily Throw as modified by Jared Flood. Someone on Ravelry had made it for a baby blanket using Lion Brand Organic Cotton yarn. That's all it took. I found a good source for the yarn and ordered it. The package came in yesterday. With all the socks, sweaters and shawls already on needles, I cast on.

It is a very fast knit. I have already finished the flower part and started the feather and fan chart.





Also, I started the Mountain Stream Scarf the other day. I am using some leftover Knit Picks Shadow lace yarn. Well, that made the DH happy because I didn't buy more yarn. This is an interesting pattern. You start with the bottom border then pick up the edge stitches to begin the body. The side borders are knitted with the body section and then the top border is added at the end. This scarf uses "techniques from traditional Orenberg shawls" ....and is "a nice introduction to the Orenberg construction". I really like how the scarf is starting to look.

The pattern can be found here.



Maybe I should put these down and go finish my second Sitcom Chic Sweater. Only need to weave in all the ends, sew up the underarm seam, add the button and crochet the button loop.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow those are really pretty! I especially like the black lacy thing you're knitting in the bottom photo!

Thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you!