Home

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trying Something New

I bought a new skein of ONline Supersocke 100 Florida-Color from my LYS. The picture doesn't really show the neon brightness of this yarn. After a lot of thought, I have decided to over-dye the skein.






Now, I am not a spinner, so I don't have a Niddy Noddy. Thanks to Google, I found several websites that explain how to make one and the proper use of it. If you are interested, see this site or this one. Here are the parts to assemble.




With my children's "help", we put it together and made the center pull ball into a hank.




Finally, I tied the hank in three sections and twisted it for a photo shoot. Now it is off to figure out what color to dye it with.











1 comment:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Welcome back! You have been missed. I want to do some natural dying with food. I can't wait to see how yours comes out.