Home

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Perfect Tee

I am busily knitting Ann Norling's The Perfect Tee. I started it back in May using Peaches N Creme Cotton Worsted in white. It was finished except for seaming the sides. I basted the side seams & tried it on. Because I used the shaping instructions, the sweater did not suit my build. Too Tight for me! It was promptly frogged. (ie. rip it, rip it) That was okay with me, because I had used the less expensive yarn to make a trial run anyway. (It is tiring to make a sweater and not have it fit properly).

I then started over using the yarn I purchased for this project. I am using Plymouth Yarns - Fantasy Naturale, a larger size and NO SHAPING. We shall see how this works.

I have finished the back and am almost up to the arm hole shaping on the front. When I knitted the first sweater, the arm holes had the "stair step" ladders around the curve. This made it very hard to sew in the sleeves. I decided to research the problem and I found the best tutorial on Knitty.com. Check out the smooth arm hole curve now! I'll see how it works on the neckline.

No comments: