Home

Monday, July 09, 2007

New Socks and Old Pictures

Hot off the Needles:

I finished the Colinette Jitterbug Socks this morning. I really liked working with this yarn. It has a nice "springy" feel to it. It sort of reminded me of Koigu. The colors pooled some, but not in an unpleasant way. There is a faint odor of vinegar in this yarn. Probably from the dyeing process, it should fade when washed.

I did modify my pattern to accommodate fingering weight yarn. The cast on was 64 stitches and I used 5 needles.



Pattern: Thuja (modified)
Source: knitty
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug
Color: Mardi Gras
Needles: US 1


Everyday Cardigan

Here is the picture of my Everyday Cardigan from Peace Fleece. I finished it in March and actually wore it a couple of times before it became too hot. I must admit that wool yarn is very warm. I have never had a wool sweater before now. This can be worn as a jacket. The yarn is a little scratchy but not too bad. It really blocks the wind. I will probably modify the pattern the next time I knit this sweater. The arms are too long (did you notice that I rolled them up?) and the body needs lengthening for my taste.


Pattern: Everyday Cardigan
Source: Peace Fleece
Yarn: Peace Fleece Worsted Weight
Color: Blueberry Borscht
Needles: US 6 & US 8

1 comment:

monica said...

Your socks look wonderful. I was wondering how soft Peace Fleece was. I know a lot of knitters knit with it but it looks scratchy to me. Your sweater looks great.