Home

Friday, September 01, 2006

Monthly Dishcloths

I have been working on more dishcloths. Going left to right: the current cloth for the Monthly Dishcloth Knit-a-long, another garterlac, and the Mid-Month cloth for the Monthly Dishcloth KAL.

Current Month
Pattern: Mystery (pattern is sent out a few rows each day)
Yarn: Sugar N Creme
Color: Yellow
Needles: US7

Do you see the stitch markers separating the borders? I made them. That is a fun, easy and fast craft. Why use boring markers when you can make your own?


Garterlac Cloth
Pattern: Garterlac Dishcloth
Source:Criminy Jickets
Yarn: Unknown Cotton from Stash
Color: Blue variegated
Needles: US7

Mid-Month Dishcloth
Pattern: Three in One Checked Cloth
Source: Monthly Dishcloth KAL
Yarn: Sugar N Creme
Color: Cream & Butter Cream Ombre
(Left over from Textured Slip Stitch Dishcloth)
Needles: US7

BTW, I completed seaming up & adding the finishing touches to the Cancun Tee. Hopefully, pictures to follow. Now I need to go to Hancock Fabrics to find material for a skirt to match.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Your cloths look great. I like the white with the color your used. Garterlac is on my list to do next -- whenever I get around to it! I like that pattern.

emmy said...

Your cloths all turn out so nice and even. I have a question- Did this months pattern call for stitch markers and I missed it? or is it a trick you use to keep up with the pattern? I am still a bit new so I appreciate any input. Thanks!

Angie said...

Emmy, I just put a couple of markers on the needles to mark the border. I have a tendency to forget the border, so I thought this would help to remind me.

Deborah said...

great stuff, I bought more cotton for the same KAL today. I think I'm getting far too involved in this KAL, why do I need a variety of peaches n cream yarn?? Must make a note to ask my therapist...

emmy said...

THANKS!That is a great idea to mark the borders. I find that I forget them too. I am enjoying this month's cloth so far. Being on vacation has helped me to keep up, hope I don't get too far behind next week when I go back to work.

Deborah said...

I really blundered this month's KAL. That little hiccup Andi sent was all I needed as I wasn't paying attention to the row counts, I didn't notice.

My plan is to frog and begin again. The mystery behind the pattern is beginning to unnerve me, I may wait from now on for it all to be over and get it done in one sitting... I know, I'm no fun.