Home

Monday, September 18, 2006

Scrap the UFO

This is the Child's French Sock Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. After working on this pair of socks for nine months, I am conceding to defeat. I have decided to frog (rip it, rip it) and start again in another pattern. The sock is very pretty, but it is too tight for my fat legs. I thought about finishing the second sock and giving the pair away, but I cannot go through the agony of knitting the chart again. I have a hard time reading charts and the first sock gave me fits to complete.

I plan to start on Sock Hop out of Creative Knitting July 2006 issue. It starts off with 96 sts on the cuff and then decreases to 48 sts. Maybe that won't be so tight on my leg.

Anyway, the yarn is Wildfoote Sock Yarn by Brown Sheep. I found it on e-bay last year.

No comments: