Home

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Updates

I finally finished the Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark. Instead of the nupps I used beads. This is for my Mom's birthday present. I hope she likes it. The details are on my projects page on Ravelry.



What do you think of my Fuzzy Monster? I modified a crochet pattern from Lion Brand free patterns. This was knitted as a joke for one of my groups on Ravelry. The teenager next door really liked it, so I gave it to her.



Pattern: Mini Square Monster - Modified

Source: Lion Brand Yarns

Yarn: Clearance yarn from Hobby Lobby & Cupcake (white)

Colors: Pink and sparkly light Pink (two strands together)

Needle: US 7 & US 3 (arms & legs)

11 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Thanks for the comment. Love the Swallowtail. How big is it after blocking?

bunnits said...

Oh! The Swallowtail shawl is beautiful. Then, what a cute little mini monster. I love it! (ravelry: archaeologie)

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Very pretty shawl. I bet she loves it. The fuzzy monster is too cute!

Lobug said...

Thank you for the comment:)
I love that shawl! It is gorgeous! Well done.

inkberryblue said...

Your shawl is really beautiful!
The monster's sweet too. Thank you for saying nice things on my blog, by the way...and thanks, also, for the link to the wire wrapping tutorial ~ I've bookmarked it.

Toni said...

The shawl really is beautiful, but I LOVE the monster!!!!!!

Yarndancer said...

Lovely swallowtail shawl! I really like how the colours work with the pattern. And your monster is soooo cute! I want to make one of my own now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Bean Counter! I must say that I think the monster looks like a pop-tart! :) But the shawl- WOW! It is even prettier in person! (though how it could be I don't know)

m said...

The Swallowtail Shawl is beautiful. The monster is cute. Kids love those kinds of things.

Amber said...

The fuzzy monster is adorable and the shawl is beautiful. Nice work.

Daisymum said...

The shawl is beautiful. I love to see beautiful knitted projects. it inspires me to click my needles.