Home

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Toys are a Pain!

I made this penguin for my 4th grader son's teacher. Penguins are the class mascot. I have discovered some truths about toys:
  1. Toys are cute
  2. Toys are fast
  3. Toys are a PAIN to seam and finish.

But it did turn out cute. Except for the wings. If I knit this again, the wings will need to be modified. Mine didn't come out like the pattern.


Pattern: Pasha the Penguin
Source: Knitty.com
Yarn: Plymouth Encore DK
Color: Black & White (the yellow/orange yarn is from my stash)
Needle: US 4
Now to finish the monkey for the DD's teacher.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Oh my--that is simply adorable, but I can't imagine how much work it took!

Hey, one-of-a-kind gifts are even better, right? So that can be the reason if you never EVER make one again. :)

Dorothy said...

That is too stinkin' cute! I'm sure the teacher will love it!

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Oooohhhh so cute!

Daisymum said...

What a cute penguin. Thanks for posting on my blog. I admire you for doing laundry everyday. I would want a maid if I had a million dollars.