Home

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

Wow, another year has come to an end and a new year has started. I guess that my New Years resolution this year has to include knitting from my stash. I went through all my yarn recently. Whoa, I have accumulated quite a stash over the last few years. So no new purchases for a while. My new mantra is: must knit from stash, must knit from stash. I wonder how long I can last?? Probably not very long, but I'll try. That is unless a store has a really good sale.


On another note, I finished a lot of Christmas gifts at the last minute. Most were almost completed except for the bear. I ran out of time to work on him. If I knit this pattern again, I will embroider the face in a darker color.


This is the 3rd Sitcom Chic that I have completed. It is for my SIL. It turned out very nice and I think she really liked it.
The Jaipur Socks are for my MIL. I finally found something that she likes and doesn't want to return to the store. She likes the warmth and the fit of the wool socks. The stripes almost match this time.

The Baby Bobbi Bear has more knitting that I thought. I started it on Monday night and finished it Wednesday afternoon. Wrapped it up and gave it to my great-niece that night. I think she liked it.


Finally, this is the other present I completed shortly before Christmas. It is a Baby Tweed Blanket by Jared Flood. Very easy knit. The middle is knitted on the diagonal in garter stitch and then the edging is picked up all around the sides. An I-cord edging completes the blanket construction. I have never done an I-cord edging before so that was kind of neat.



4 comments:

Nina said...

Great presents!

Happy New Year!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful gifts! I especially like the sweater.

Happy new year!

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Awesome knitting FO's! Way to go Bean Counter from another Bean Counter

My Little Cupcake said...

awww, Katie's bear! She does love it! She feeds it a bottle sometimes when I feed Caleb. Btw, your profile pic of you and Roger is too cute!