Home

Monday, June 23, 2008

New Stitch Markers

I have been working on the Goddess's Anniversary Mystery Shawl KAL. Even though I cheated on the circular cast on, it is a must to use stitch markers. All the markers that I had made last year did not work on the lace weight yarn. I had used jump rings to attach the beads. So, off to Hobby Lobby. I bought 2 packages of silver head pins, added the beads, then wrapped the wires around an old 10.5 knitting needles and finished with a wrapped loop. I used a tutorial from Fire Mountain Gems.

Voila, new stitch markers that don't catch the lace yarn.



5 comments:

Toni said...

Wow! They look great!

Deb said...

How pretty!
dswgr6 on Ravelry -- Blogtrain

Becka said...

Your st. markers are lovely! I am addicted to making st. markers...they are almost as much fun as knitting!Hey from Becka from the Commenting on Blogs Train from Ravelry!!!

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Ohhhh very pretty. I attempted to make stitch markers once. Lets just say that I need to stick with knitting and counting beans.

Dk's Wife said...

Nice looking stitch markers and I love the monkey.