Home

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Socks, Clowns and Teeth

To My Mom: Happy Birthday!!


I have been busy lately, but I have a few things to show everyone.

I finally finished the Koigu Socks. This is the same dye lot. Can you see the problem?? The bottom sock is lighter than the top. Hopefully, it won't be noticeable on a moving target. But, I really liked working with the Koigu yarn. It has a very nice feel to it.


Pattern: Classic Socks
Source: Nancy Bush
Yarn: Koigu KPPM
Needles: US2

This is not a rehearsal for Halloween!! This is my son's friend from church. He is involved with the clown ministry. Great makeup job!!

Here is the second pair of socks for Socktoberfest. These worked up a whole lot faster than the last pair. They feel very nice on the feet. BTW, I am wearing them right now with my crocs.


Pattern: Classic Socks

Source: Nancy Bush

Yarn:Mountain Colors' Mountain Goat

Color: Mountain Tango

Needles: US3

This was actually knit from one skein, with several yards left over. There is only 230 yards on a skein, so I just did a 4 inch top instead of the usual 7 inches.

Not to be left out: Here is my 5 year old daughter. She lost a tooth today. After I put the tooth in a bag, she brought me the camera. "Mom", she said, "Put my picture on your internet, like you did P***'s!" ( See Archives)

So, here you are, Sweetie!!:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy for Socktoberfest! Whenever I've knit socks with Koigu they are off a bit in color (I guess no 2 skeins are exactly alike as they say)but boy are they soft and comfy! I've never used Mountain Goat - only Bearfoot....How is the Mountain Goat?

PS - as for the Trellis Scarf - it IS pretty, but there are a lot of other lace patterns out there that are just as pretty and much easier to knit....I wouldn't do this one again.

CraftyCarole said...

Nice Socks!!!! I've only ever made one pair, but promise myself more. I LOVE the color of the purple and blue ones. MMMMM...... i I'm not sure I could keep up with Socktoberfest. Maybe by next October I'll be up for it :-)